Niger Delta Avengers threaten to resume attacks on oil installations

Militant group, Niger Delta Avengers, yesterday, announced via their website that they plan to resume attacks on oil installations and facilities in Nigeria.
In a statement by the spokesperson, Maj. Gen Murdoch Agbinibo, the group admonished the Federal Government to brace up for the doom as arrangements have been concluded to unleash terror on the oil sector in a few days time.
“This round of attacks will be the most deadly and will be targeting the deep sea operations of the multinationals which include Bonga Platform, Agbami, EA Field, Britania-U Field, Akpo Field; amongst others littered across the deep waters of the Niger Delta region.
“As for the Egina FPSO, we are advising the operators to let it stay where ever it is right now as we are tracking its movement. We mean it when we say they (the oil installations) shall dance to the sound of the fury of the Niger Delta Avengers.”
It added that Monday, 15th of January 2018, being the 62nd historic remembrance day of the 1956 discovery of commercial oil by Shell Darcy in the now forgotten and dejected Oloibiri Community in the Niger Delta; the Avengers held a meeting of all our operatives to review the progress of our operations so far and deliberate on the planned actions for the future.
“It was agreed in that meeting that the killings and division presently playing out in Nigeria along divergent grounds makes this the perfect time to restructure this country.
“While promising a brutal outpour of our wrath, which shall shake the coffers of the failed Nigerian nation, our demand unambiguously is for the government to “RESTRUCTURE THIS COUNTRY”.
The group further said on 3rd of November 2017, “We promised to reactivate “operation red economy” but as usual some overzealous and over patriotic elders intervened and appealed as they have done twice before then for us to avail them some more time to attend to the demands of the Niger Delta as championed by the Niger Delta Avengers.
“That we have not achieved any meaningful results despite the opportunities we have availed the Niger Delta elders means that they are either irresponsible or the Nigerian government is not sincere with them as it is their trade in stock,” the group said adding that it had resolved not to listen to the Niger Delta elders this time around.
“We wish to state in plain terms that anybody against restructuring is an enemy of this country and particularly an enemy of the Niger Delta Avengers; and we shall not rest until such enemies are defeated by the Niger Delta People who earnestly seek to control our own resources.
“We want to control our resources and directly use them to better our lot instead of been enslaved and made to beg before crumbs are released in a dress rehearsal-like manner to intervention agencies that are ineffective at addressing our challenges, ” the group said.
It added that while $1 billion from the excess crude account is being released to fight Boko Haram in the North; successive government acts blind to the very bold array of challenges the region from which the wealth is generated is facing.
“They (Nigerian government) derives pleasure in sending their unprofessional and weak military to invade our communities and subject our already sick and suffering people to more hardship and poverty.”